Saturday 14 May 2011

World Events

My brother said this a while ago about the lifechanging changes on Facebook, I thought I’d re-post it here from my old blog because it makes me laff and cry everytime. You’re welcome.

'You know the down side of the Facebook layout, that you sometimes get people’s photos albums? Well, now they’ve introduced ‘Memorable Status Updates’ … Really? Really?

Somehow Facebook can tell what status updates had emotive impact upon my brain, thus causing the event to be logged for later reference.

‘Memorable’ is highly subjective though. I doubt they use mind reading. I like to think it’s done by one guy, sitting in his cubicle at the Facebook offices. He just scrolls through every status. A dark room. Face lit by the pale glow of the monitor, shining off the slightly balding mans moist eyes and lips. A smile creeps across his face. ‘Oh yeah, that was a great one’ He clicks his ‘memorable’ button and thus it is.'

THAT’S ALL FOLKS FOR ANOTHER EDITION OF THE FIRST AND LAST EVER: MYLES TELLS YOU SOMETHING HIS BROTHER SAID ABOUT FACEBOOK CHANGES!!!!

Oh and talking about Facebook things, I got an emaill yesterday:

image

Sounds interesting, gonna follow it up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a memorable Facebook status update. But then, I don't have many great philosophers friended, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! You are probably right, the MSU's are selected by one guy in the Facebook offices. Spirit is right, I don't think I've ever seen a memorable one. Status updates are supposed to be "in the moment." Once the moment has passed, they are now stale, especially when they are presented without context. I have a facebook protest page if you would like to check it out.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/FB-Lose-Memorable-Status-Updates-or-Give-us-Control/189147887795799

    ReplyDelete